Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #36


1. What romance movie scene reminds you of your spouse and the LOVE you share? submitted by Simply Sunshine and Daisy's
Really? Okay, I'm going with the Ikea scene from (500) Days of Summer, uh, because we both really like Ikea.

2. If you were allowed to deploy with your husband to a war zone would you and why? submitted by I & J
Dear sweet baby Jesus, no thank you. Luckily, the husband's job doesn't actually go directly into war zones. But if it did, it would be bad enough for one of us to be there, much less both of us. I would think that it would be distracting to the service member to have to worry about their family's safety in such a volatile place. I would definitely prefer to stay behind in relative safety. Besides, someone has to take care of the cat.

3. Have you ever done anything (intentionally, or unintentionally) to embarrass your spouse in front of his military cohorts? submitted by Marrying the Navy
Yeah, but it wasn't anything too dreadful. So the husband started playing Magic (you know, the geeky card game) at lunch with some guys in the lab. Then he started trying to get me to play at home. At first I refused. I mean, I'm a nerd, but am I THAT nerdy? But he finally convinced me and I beat him, nay, destroyed him like ten times. About a week later, I stopped by the lab to ask the husband some random question on the way home from the gym. It was lunch time and he and the other guys were in the midst of their card game, so I shamed him by letting everyone know that I totally owned him at his own game.

4. What is your most irrational fear? submitted by Eights on the Move
I am terrified of birds pooping on me. It has happened twice in my life, once while playing in my front yard as a kid, and again about three years ago. The husband, the bff and I were downtown on an unseasonably warm spring day, looking for a place with outdoor dining. As we waited to cross the street,  I suddenly felt something on my arm. It was bird poop. I started screaming. Of course none of us had tissues or paper or anything, so the husband took off his sock for me to wipe the grossness off. Isn't he chivalrous? We ended up eating lunch indoors. Now whenever we see a flock of seagulls, the husband narrates how they are out looking for me to poop on again. The worst is at the park where you have to cross this long bridge to get to the trails and there is always a family or two feeding the birds. It is always a walk of terror.

5. If you could only live in one kind of climate for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? submitted by Many Waters
After a week of gloom, cold and rain, I'm craving a nice stretch 70-something-degrees sunny days. I just don't even want to leave the house when it's cold and gross outside, so nice weather makes me more productive as well.

5 comments:

  1. Great list! I've got the bird poop phobia as well. When I take Sophia to the barn, there are all these birds roosting in the rafters and I just know one of them is going to leave a little token on my head one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had birds poop on me...quite awful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice for number 1! Nothing beats playing house in Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that movie! I made Mike watch it once...not his thing. *sigh* Oh well. Guess no one's perfect! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could definitely use a few 70* sunny days around here!
    Cheers from Olympia, WA!

    ReplyDelete