Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's Your Song?

I'm linking up for the first time (for week 5) via Goodnight Moon.

Since I quit and/or got fired this week (honestly, I'm not sure which happened yet, but either way, I'm not working anymore), I've had much more time to pick up on my hooping, and thus I have listened to this song roughly 25 times. Though my living room is small, I've been able to carve out *just enough* space for it to work. Hooping, by the way, is an excellent source of ab exercise and it is actually fun. Get on it!

Though the video is tiny bit of scary (White lipstick! Tori Amos-like red hair! Blue ladies with huge bouffants! Balaclavas!), this song is perfect. It's primal. It's mod. It makes you want to move. And you can see her uvula in this video. She's playing at Bonnaroo in June and she is on the top of my MUST SEE list.

Dog Days Are Over by Florence + the Machine (partial)
Happiness hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her stuck still no turning back
She hid around corners and she hid under beds
She killed it with kisses and from it she fled
With every bubble she sank with her drink
And washed it away down the kitchen sink

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
The horses are coming
So you better run

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father
Run for your children, for your sisters and brothers
Leave all your love and your longing behind
You can't carry it with you if you want to survive


Minutes 2:03 and 2:50 are where is gets amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment