Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #35



1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
While I do love my MacBook, if I had to choose just one gadget, I'd go with my iPhone 4. Although the touchscreen keyboard and I still don't get along that well, it is a constant source of entertainment/keeps me connected to everything. I am an addict. Although, if the husband lets me play with his new (older version) iPad anytime soon, this answer may change.

2. How does you adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
Honestly, I don't remember much about what I thought adulthood would be like. I do remember picking out wedding and bridesmaid dresses from my grandma's JCPenney catalog when I was a little kid, then I grew up and went off and eloped sans dresses and attendants. I'm pretty sure I never imagined that I'd marry a military man.  I also remember thinking that if people weren't married with children by, like, age 24 they were WAY too old. That part definitely changed.

3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
A. I'm not terribly into chocolate (crazy, right?)
B. I'm not much of a cook.
But I do like to "make" Pillsbury Simply...Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are made with real ingredients (aka no "corn sugar") and always turn out perfectly.

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be too much or too hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
I have no answer because I don't think I've been faced with that yet. I'm pretty lucky in that the most bothersome things about the husband's job and/or my experience with military life in general (thus far) are rather trivial and petty in comparison to the stuff other spouses have to deal with (aka loooong deployments, pseudo-single-parenthood, etc).

5. What piece of advice would you give a new military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
Once again, stay busy! Don't count the days. Have a pet to keep you company. Go do something fun. Drink lots of wine.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not terribly into chocolate either, I don't get what makes people love it so much haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't like chocolate?! *GASP* Actually I'm jealous. I'd be much skinnier if I didn't like chocolate. =) And I'm addicted to my iPhone too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wine tip made me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you an award on my blog! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete