Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #34


1. What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family...you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.
Well, I started this little blog here to stay in touch with a few close friends. I don't think that I'm going to out it to the family. There is always Facebook and I'm teaching the parents how to use Skype before we move.

2. What's the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas
I'm not really a romantic gift giver. It's just not our style. I give the husband awesomely nerdtastic gifts though. Examples:

3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect
Hmmm, well I won't be faced with this possible scenario for at least another twenty years or so, but I'd like to think I'd support their chosen career path (you know, unless they wanted to be a stripper or reality show whore or something). Besides, growing up in a military household, I would think that they'd have a better idea than most as to what they were getting into.

4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That
Now that the credit cards are paid off, I am responsible for only one bill: the dreaded student loan payment(s). They are paid ahead and one should be done in under six months, but the other one...well, it'll be around for a long, long time. Even though I pay it every month (sometimes twice), it seems like the remaining balance just doesn't shrink enough. Every time it goes down another $1000 is a small victory, but it's still WAYYY too high for my liking. At least I have a fancy piece of paper hanging on my wall to show for it, right? : /

5. What is the proudest moment you've had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life
The husband seems to win awards nearly every quarter and got Airman of the Year for his wing last year, so there are ample moments to be proud of him.

4 comments:

  1. Where did you get that sleeping bag? LOVE it!! I popped open a bottle of champagne when I made my last student loan payment - what a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sleeping bag is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think Geek. It's the best store everrr, they have so much fun stuff.
    Over half of the husband's Christmas presents came from there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sleeping bag too! My husband's idea of a romantic gift is probably an Xbox game. So I guess I'm romantic more than I think. HAHA.

    I am not looking forward to those student loan payments either. I do not know what is an average amount, but I still have more than I would like. Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't really know what I'm up to. This will be the last semester to have to use it though. I will finally be switching over to the new GI Bill plan (rather than the Montgomery GI Bill I am using now) So they will pay for all of my school. I'm going to miss those monthly payments though from them.

    ReplyDelete