Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Roo Fever...I'm getting the itch.

So even though Bonnaroo is 3.5 months away, I'm already starting to become irrationally excited about it, as happens every year in the weeks following the artist announcement. This year, the ticket was purchased before I even knew who was playing because A) I knew I would want to be there regardless,  and B) I had a really good feeling that Arcade Fire would be there this year. They have played Bonnaroo before, however, it was the one year since 2006 that I did not attend. The husband (then fiance) was returning from tech school the very week that the festival occurred. I should probably be ashamed, but I was not a happy camper that week. Yes, I was happy to see him. But, as a festie girl, I was really upset to be missing the Roo. I knew I'd be able to see the (soon-to-be) husband for the rest of the summer, but Bonnaroo only happens once a year! And to top it off, the group I go with every year randomly got free VIP camping, which will never happen again. I know, I know, I am a terrible person. 

I've wanted to see Arcade Fire for 
years though, so this year shall be epic. In addition, I totally covet Régine Chassagne's adorable gold sequined dress (and to be completely honest, I want her ribbon rings, as well). This article pretty much reads my mind...
"Régine Chassagne of Arcade Fire wore the gold sequined dress by which I shall henceforth judge all other gold sequined dresses. It was one part Broadway, one part disco, one part hometown tap recital. Wearing a gold sequined dress of this caliber has now officially been added to my list of Things to Do in My Thirties. Oh, plus there were sequined glovelettes. But you know it’s never really the dress; it’s the way you wear it. My mom taught me that, and this performance confirms it.
Régine sang Mountains Beyond Mountains with her eyes closed and then ribbon danced with wild abandon. That’s right, she brought out actual ribbon rings and danced around the stage like a little kid dancing around her living room without a hint of embarrassment or apology. I’ve undertaken these moves myself with the key differentiators being I’m swooshing socks around in the saftey of my apartment while she’s swooshing ribbons around on live television. Such confidence! Obviously I’ve got to up my game, and when in need of a role model, I’ll watch this video."


No comments:

Post a Comment