Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-in #31

1. Aside from no deployments, what is one thing you would want to make the MilSpouse life "perfect"? submitted by Oh How Delightful
Two things come to mind. The less logical/realistic one is removing all bases that are in the middle of nowhere. I never want to live farther than 20 minutes from a Target (I'll make an exception for overseas bases). Being stationed in BFE is probably my worst nightmare. On a more realistic note, given the awful and unhelpful doctor's appointment I went to this week, I'd love to have more choice and easier access to the doctor of one's choice in a military healthcare setting. It made me miss going to off base doctors when I had to explain several times to my friends that if they want to change doctors, they just have to make sure their insurance is accepted and pick up the phone, while I, on the other hand, have to fill out seven pages of paperwork to change my doctor and then wait several weeks for a new appointment.

2. Just how many peppers did Peter Piper pick? submitted by Married into Army
That would be a peck, or a quarter-bushel. According to this guy, who has way too much time on his hands, Peter would have picked 456 peppers if he picked peperoncini, which is my pepper of choice.

3. If you could have any career in the world with nothing holding you back, what would you do? submitted by It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To
This is probably pretty lame, but the only thing I've really wanted to be in recent memory is a librarian. I'm sure there are way more awesome/difference making choices, but I'm sticking with it.

4. Do you have a service oriented tattoo and if so what is it. If you don't what would you get? submitted by The Squid's Accomplice
I have a single tattoo. It's a good old fashioned "I'm-18-and-I-can-do-what-I-want" tribal tramp-stamp. The only other tattoo I've ever considered is a pirate ship on my back, as I've seen several amaze-balls versions of that idea. I'll qualify that as loosely service related since the Navy fights pirates.

5. Imagine a block of time has opened up in your busy day for you to take a class in anything you like. What subject would you choose? submitted by To The Nth
Ooooh, there are so many options. I want to learn German because it sounds kind of scary. And I sometimes do exceptionally nerdy things, like looking up what awesome history classes JMU is currently offering, despite knowing I can't take them. Plus, I'd like to start taking library science grad school courses. But I'm going to scrap the academics and go with a knitting class. My pregnant soulmate has tried to teach me before and we got as far as me making a chain(?) but my fingers are not very dexterous with those needles.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, join the knitting world! Depending on your preferred learning style, you might get a head start with the abundance of knitting videos available on YouTube and Knitting Help. Ravelry is another great resource for patterns, information about different yarn, and just about anything knitting- or crochet-related.

    ReplyDelete